CMMI® SCAMPI Appraisal
CMMI® SCAMPI (Standard CMMI® Appraisal Method for Process Improvement) Appraisals-SQME provides for the CMMI® Product Suite as exemplified by the following appraisals:
Considered the most rigorous, designed to provide benchmark quality ratings relative to Capacity Maturity Model Integration (CMMI®) models.
Provides options in model scope an economical way of assessing the organization's current software process against the CMMI® Model. It features an informal appraisal method. It includes reviews of process implementation indicators and affirmation sessions with key resources.
This is recommended for organizations starting their process improvement program as a means of identifying and prioritizing action items. It is also a way to check the organization’s readiness for the formal SCAMPI.
Provides a wide range of options, including characterization of planned approaches to process implementation according to a scale defined by the user. It can be scoped at any level of granularity and the scale can be tailored to the appraisal objectives, which might include the fidelity of observed practices to model/goal achievement or the return on investment to the organization from implementing practices.
Reliability, rigor, and cost might go down from A to B to C, but risk might go up.
Benefits of SCAMPI:
- Gain insight into company’s engineering capability by identifying the strengths and weaknesses of its current processes
- Relate its strength and weaknesses to the CMMI® model
- Prioritize improvement plans
- Focus on improvements that are most beneficial to the organization given its current level of organizational maturity or process capabilities
- Derive capability levels ratings as well as a maturity level rating
CMM®/CMMI® Consulting for Process Areas
SQME provides consulting services in the four (4) Process Areas of CMMI®.
1. Process Management includes the cross-project activities related to defining, planning, resourcing, deploying, implementing, monitoring, controlling, appraising, measuring and improving processes.
The Process Management process areas of CMMI® are as follows:
- Organizational Innovation & Deployment
- Organizational Process Focus
- Organizational Process Definition
- Organizational Training
- Organizational Process Performance
2. Project Management covers the project management activities related to planning, monitoring, and controlling in the project.
The Project Management process areas of CMMI® are as follows:
- Project Planning
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Supplier Agreement Management
- Integrated Project Management for IPPD (or Integrated Project Management)
- Risk Management
- Integrated Teaming
- Integrated Supplier Management
- Quantitative Project Management
3. Engineering covers the development and maintenance activities that are shared across the discipline of engineering.
The Engineering process areas of CMMI® includes:
- Requirements Development
- Requirement Management
- Technical Solutions
- Product Integration
4. Support covers the activities that involve support product development and maintenance.
The CMMI® process areas under this category includes:
- Process and Product Quality Assurance
- Configuration Management
- Measurement and Analysis
- Organizational Environment for Integration
- Decision Analysis and Resolution
- Causal Analysis and Resolution